Senior Product Designer
We’re looking for an exceptional, creative Senior Product Designer to drive design-led innovation at LiveSafe. You will be leading the charge to deliver the very best experiences for our clients and our end-users, shaping how safety. You’ll drive complex design projects across multiple product areas, shape strategy, own LiveSafe’s next generation product branding, define design excellence and upskill your colleagues in the process.
It’s a fantastic opportunity for a seasoned practitioner to bring to life beautiful, meaningful, human-centered products - that meet both user needs and business goals - to a space ripe for disruption.
LiveSafe was born from a spirit of triumph over tragedy. Co-founders include Shy Pahlevani, a victim of a violent robbery, and Kristina Anderson, the most injured survivor of the 2007 Virginia Tech shooting. They set out to empower personal safety for every member of a campus or corporate community.
LiveSafe is the leading software platform for prevention - trusted by 150+ college campuses and enterprises around the globe. Our philosophy is simple: communities are smarter together and can stop senseless losses by identifying and acting on risks sooner. To achieve this, we are building the next generation of crowd-sourced threat intelligence solutions.
- Define the design vision for our next generation of preventative intelligence solutions across mobile and web, working collaboratively to turn that vision into reality.
- Recruit, lead and coach more junior designers to unlock their potential and guide their career growth.
- Distill your work into highly engaging and functional presentations, sketches, wireframes, and prototypes, communicating and presenting this to both technology and commercial stakeholders.
- Champion user experience and advocate for design best-practice across the organisation, helping to build our design culture and systems.
- Lead design projects through the development lifecycle, working closely with Product and Engineering
- Plan and execute user research, deploying all the tools in your arsenal to understand user motivations, habits, and workflows.
You’re a great fit if you:
- Have 5-7 years of design experience
- Live and breathe UX and Product Design, are up to date with, and ideally driving forward, best-practices in the industry.
- Demonstrate strong and impactful leadership skills
- Excel using the tools of the trade, particularly rapid-prototyping technology.
- Have a BA/BSc/MA in HCI, Information Systems, Graphic Design or similar (preferred).
- Love tackling ambiguous design problems, combining both intuitive and analytical thinking, and have the grit to get to a great solution.
- Have a demonstrated ability to develop exceptional user experiences that have had successful commercial outcomes.
- Are empathetic, collaborative, detail-oriented, and self-motivated with excellent organizational, time and project management skills.
- Fantastic health, dental, and vision
- Great open office in the heart of Rosslyn
- Early stage equity
- Free drinks and healthy snacks
- Flexible hours and remote work
- Coworkers are passionate about safety and foosball