Front End Engineer
The LiveSafe suite of products delivers actionable, crowdsourced safety and security intelligence, preventing incidents before they occur and connecting people to the help they need.
No one knows more about what’s going on than the people on the ground. No one cares more about protecting the community than the people who define it. Sexual Harassment. Hazardous Conditions. Phishing. Suspicious Activity. Risk may be everywhere, but so are employees, students, and members of the community—people determined to take safety back and keep their communities safe. Are you a passionate engineer looking to make a positive impact on the world? As a Front End engineer at LiveSafe, you’ll build elegant desktop and mobile web applications taking advantage of the latest platform technologies such as Web and Service Workers.
- Work closely with product managers and designers to build and ship new features
- Collaborate with a team to design and implement APIs, custom user interfaces, and reusable components using Typescript and Angular 5+
- Thoughtfully articulate the tradeoffs of technical decisions you make
- Improve code quality through continuous refactoring and modularity
- Stay on top of web platform features, development best practices, and share what you learn with the team
- You preferably have a B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- You’ve built and shipped production web applications
- You have experience with Angular 2+, React or other modern framework
- You are familiar with the Node ecosystem and Front End tooling
- You prefer to catch bugs with tests, rather than in production
- You’re not afraid to learn and use new languages, frameworks, and tools
- You’re willing to contribute to other parts of our platform–we 💕Swift, Scala, and Kotlin
- Fantastic health, dental, and vision
- 401k with matching
- Early stage equity
- New office right off the Rosslyn metro
- Kitchen loaded with coffee, drinks, and snacks
- Flexible hours
- Quarterly hackathons
- Talented coworkers who will both push and support you ...and who are always willing to play a game of foosball.